Dear Impact Giving Partners, Supporters and Friends,
I am filled with gratitude as I sit here writing out checks for $4,651.50 to each of the twelve grant finalists (twelve!). I think that I can safely say that the success of our first “Increasing the Impact” auction far surpassed any of our wildest hopes and expectations!
The fact that all 18 of our grant finalists will receive at minimum $4,600 and up to $36,000 is absolutely amazing, and a tangible reminder of the hard work our grant committee partners put into vetting and picking the top grant applications. Just think of the impact that this money can have over a very diverse and broad range of organizations! From helping provide preschool free-of-charge to high-risk children of homeless parents (Precious Lamb), to preparing and inspiring young women in underserved communities to pursue STEM careers (STEM Advantage), to supporting programs that reduce hunger and improve wellness for senior citizens in our communities (SeniorServ), our reach is impacting the full cycle of life!
Seeing the generosity in the room on June 7th was an emotional and inspiring experience. To know that so many supporters in our community are motivated to make a difference and donate to so many organizations – locally and across the globe – is a true testament to collective giving! I am honored to be able to write these checks on behalf of all the generosity our partners and supporters provided during our event.
After all was said and done, we were able to give away more than $185,000 to our 18 grant finalists! Each dollar donated will help to improve our communities locally, nationally and internationally.
- WISEPlace: $36,000 to support the expansion of their facilities allowing them to provide shelter for more than 300 unaccompanied homeless women.
- Giving Children Hope: $25,000 that will provide backpacks filled with nutritional food to vulnerable children and their families.
- Concern America: $23,000 to construct a water system and install filters, providing clean water to 315 families.
- Lotus Outreach International: $22,000 to pay for 148 girls to attend a year of secondary school via the “Blossom Bus.”
- With My Own Two Hands: $14,000 to build four greenhouses whose vegetables will fund the education of children in Kenya.
- International Orphan Care: $10,000 to provide 80 sewing or carpentry “tool kits” to orphans at graduation, and install solar panels in two buildings at the school.
- Casa Materna Ana Sayre: $4,651.50 to provide a free and safe place to stay for pregnant women awaiting labor in Guatemala.
- Girls, Inc. of Orange County: $4,651.50 to support year-round holistic, compensatory and intentional programming to inspire girls in Orange County to be strong, smart and bold.
- Human Options, Inc.: $4,651.50 to provide safe-haven and life changing programs to help abused women, children and their families in Orange County rebuild their lives.
- Lights for Literacy, Bourke Family Foundation: $4,651.50 to provide solar-powered book lights to children where the basic need of light is scarce.
- OC Human Relations: $4,651.50 to support inter-group relations initiatives, violence prevention and conflict resolution programs in schools and communities all over Orange County.
- Power 4 Youth: $4,651.50 to support caring, consistent mentoring relationships for at-risk students.
- Precious Lamb: $4,651.50 to provide access to high-quality preschool education and care, free of charge.
- SeniorServ: $4,651.50 to support food delivery programs and wellness checks for seniors and their families in Orange County.
- South County Outreach: $4,651.50 to support hunger and homelessness prevention programs in South Orange County that help people help themselves.
- STEM Advantage: $4,651.50 to help prepare and inspire young women in underserved communities to pursue STEM careers through paid internships, mentorships and scholarships.
- The Wooden Floor: $4,651.50 to help transform the lives of low-income communities through the power of dance and access to higher education.
- WHW: $4,651.50 to provide the unemployed and underemployed with the skills and resources needed to get and keep a good job.
This is a true testament to collective giving! Each organization is significantly better off because of the generosity of Impact Giving partners and our supporters.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Impact Giving Board Chair